Tuesday 26 September 2017

Song Choice


To decide between "Meet Me On The Battlefield By Svrcina" and "Wicked Game Performed By Ursine Vulpine," I created a survey and posted it onto my Tumblr Page, I got 37 responses:
Out of the 37 people that entered, 26 were female, 8 were male and 3 were other (transgender, genderfluid, non-binary....) The song that won most votes was "Song 2," which is "Meet Me On The Battlefield By Svrcina," with a staggering 30 votes out of 37. 

27/37 of the participants were aged between "15 - 20" with 4/37  aged between "21-25." 1/37 was aged between "26 - 30." 1/36 were over 31 and only 2 were 14 or under. 

Everyone aged between "15 - 20" voted for "Meet Me On The Battlefield," and most of them gave the same reason:

"Song 1 is a typical "broken-up" love song, the music video would be the same as videos that are released all the time. Song 2, could have be a more unique music video."

"Song 2 is very interesting, a lot of visuals come to mind! I am not that fond of Song 1, I can only think of relationships and it's a little cliche."

"I just like it better (though I may be biased because I've been a fan of the original version of Wicked Game since I was a kid so I'm not a fan of covers)."

"I don't like covers of classics. Also, the second one would make a interesting music video."

"Music videos this days are just copy and pasted! Girl runs after man who is little "dangerous" and it is just so boring these days! Song 2 could have just a interesting story line."

"More interesting. Song one is kinda stereotypical, a girl pining after some guy."

It seems that people aged between 15-20 dislike love songs with a passion, which is interesting; this will help when it comes down to creating the story for the music video and choosing my perfect target audience. 

People aged older than 20 and younger than 15 seemed to go for song 1, probably because they are a different generation.

The MAIN reason that most audiences members preferred song 2 over song 1 was because that song 1 is a cover of Chris Isaac's Wicked Game and people dislike covers of classic songs.

The song I am evidently choosing for my music video is "Meet Me On The Battlefield."














No comments:

Post a Comment

Question 4

Peter by Liberty Richardson