Sunday 1 October 2017

Colour Scheme


I have decided to have black and white as my main two colours on every single one of my products. The reasoning behind this is that black and white connotes sadness, loneliness and loss. It is not just the black and white itself, but the lack of colour is an extremely important factor in why I have made this decision to use black and white, the lack of colour represents that something is missing. It is evident that my artist has been through tough times, and this will be connoted through the message I will be leaving from the artist on the inside cover of my digipak, "Writing music is an escape for me. Always has been. Always will be. For years that's all music was to me. That was, until you came along. You give me the hope to carry on writing and I value every single one of you. I'd not be here without you," this backs up the idea that the artist has been missing something from her life, and her audience are what is returning the colour to her which is why my digipak will have elements of red on to illuminate her love for her fans, and the colour they bring to her life, but also the danger she is putting herself in by pursuing a career in music which is a hard task to achieve.

My music video will be black and white to show how the characters within the story are all missing something that makes them whole. The artist, however, will be in colour to represent that she is the catalyst for bringing everyone back together. In the music video, the artist is representing her audience, and the characters are representing her because her audience helped return colour to her life, and the artist will help return colour to my character's lives.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Question 4

Peter by Liberty Richardson